Saturday, February 14, 2009
Assignment 1- Relating the Text
From the reading, I can most closely relate to the tapestry of the Unicorn is Found at the Fountain. Though we as Americans do not gather around when we think we have spot a unicorn, we are fascinated with rare spectacles in public places. When something is new or different, everyone wants to be the first one in line to see what is going on. For example, at this year's presidential inauguration, millions of us witnessed history being made as we tuned in on our televisions or attended this event. I can compare Obama to the Unicorn, in that many of us see him as an "antidote" to the poison mess we as a country are currently in. Hopefully, it will not be so closely related to the Unicorn and be a mythical occurrence, one that we as a people can only dream about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love how you used the tapestry of the Unicorn as a metaphor. You pointed out good points about Obama being the Unicorn.
ReplyDelete