
In this painting, Cornelia exemplifies the "good mother," which reminds me so much of my mother. As her three children are her jewels, so am I, my sister, and my brother for my mom. She seems so calm, graceful, and confident while introducing her children, it appears that she loves them a lot.

You're right, this is a great portrait of a good mother, and she does seem to love her children a great deal. I am the youngest of five children myself and we were all her "jewels". I'm glad your mom felt the same for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat is so moving about this piece is that it is not over done or voer dramatic. It's simplicity is touching and very little else other than gestures abd body language need to be used to relay to the viewer the love of this mother. Another reason viewers are drawn into this painting is either the memory of their own mothers OR the love they may have always craved and never received. This picture speaks to society and people as a whole and that is why I think it is so endearing. I really liked how you were able to relate this piece to your own life.
ReplyDeleteYou can tell that this pictures is powerful because of the way it invokes emotion in a viewer. You were able to see your family in something that was painted so long ago. It also shows that it stands the test of time as you can still relate today.
ReplyDelete